Copy your Clothes Workshop – Weekender
Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th August
10am to 4pm, both days
Think of your favourite garment……
- Is it all worn out and you can’t find a replacement?
- Wish you could have it in more colours, patterns, fabrics?
If the answer to either of these questions is ‘YES’ then our ‘Copy your Clothes’ workshop is the place to be!
In this two day weekend workshop you will learn how to take a tracing of your garment – without cutting up or unpicking – and make it into a sewing pattern so you can make your garment over and over again in all the fabrics, colours and patterns you want.
Copy your Clothes is for intermediate and experienced sewists who have made a number of garments from sewing patterns. It is not suited for those very new to sewing.
What to bring:
- Garment/s that you would like to copy. You will only have time to replicate one item, but do bring a choice and your tutor will advise on which is suitable. To get the most out of the day, the garment should be relatively simple; avoid complex garments such as very fitted/tailored, fully lined, or fine silks/fabrics as you will be putting lots of pins into it! Also, depending on the item, garments that are too small/big and require grading may not be achievable in the time.
- Plain pattern paper; approx. 3m depending on garment. Extra paper will be available to purchase on the day.
- Tape measure
- HB and 2H pencils and rubber
- Pattern weights (useful, but optional)
- Pattern tracing wheel*
- Patternmaster or set square*
- Metre rule*
*these can be borrowed from the studio on the day